The exceptional and sophisticated facilities in the School of Art, Architecture and Design enable digital art students to produce professional work. Housed in the Fine Arts Building, digital art students have access to a range of digital equipment in the Student Technology Centers and DART Lab.
Digital Art Facilities
Student Technology Centers & DART Lab
The Student Technology Centers are equipped with Mac workstations that are renewed every two years. The DART lab is a hybrid computer lab with flexible video production and installation studio space. Computer graphic equipment complements slide and film scanners, inkjet and laser printers up to 36 inches wide, overhead projection, and the latest version of imaging and multimedia software. These spaces also provide 10 stations that are equipped with both SGI and Windows XP environments.
B.F.A. + M.F.A. studios
B.F.A. and M.F.A. digital art students share two studios dedicated to their individual work. The shared environment encourages collaboration and the sharing of new ideas and approaches.
Tools + equipment
Production + exhibition
- Video cameras
- Field audio recorders and microphones
- Lighting equipment
- Oculus Rift Devkit 2.0, 50-65" HD video displays
- Multichannel synchronization equipment
- Stereo and surround sound speaker systems
Student Technology Centers
- Mac workstations and peripherals including scanners and printers (85)
- PC workstations and peripherals including scanners and printers (13)
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Autodesk Maya