Sculpture Facilities

Sculpture facilities

Located in the McCalla School—one of the oldest schoolhouses in Bloomington, built in 1906—the sculpture facilities include private B.F.A. and M.F.A. studios, an exceptional wood shop, a large-scale metal shop, an active foundry, an area for stone carving, and computers. Sculpture facilities encourage experimentation in new and emerging mediums while providing a solid foundation in traditional forms of sculpture such as wood, metal, and clay.

The McCalla School also houses the Fuller Projects, a student-run gallery with rotating exhibitions and gallery coordinators.

B.F.A. + M.F.A. studios

B.F.A. and M.F.A. sculpture students are provided individual studio spaces with 24-hour access in the McCalla School building. Shared communal spaces provide sinks, shelving, and work tables. There is full access to both an extensive woodshop and a metal shop facility. The graduate studios are large—spanning 700 square feet, with a wall of windows—and accommodate two students.

Tools + equipment