First and foremost, thank you for your patience, dedication, and support during this time of great change and challenge. We have been working hard at the university and school levels to prepare health/safety plans for our campus and classes. IU’s facilities operations teams have been thoroughly disinfecting classrooms, studios, and public spaces.
As we prepare for your return to campus and to Kirkwood, Fine Arts, the Art+X, and/or the Republic, the following policies and guidelines have been put in place:
- All spaces will be deep cleaned at night, and spot cleaned throughout the day with special attention to door handles, restrooms, and commonly touched surfaces.
- There will be hand sanitizer stations and cleaning supplies available for use in public spaces, classrooms, and studios.
- For in-person class experiences we are reducing the density of students by spacing them out and/or reducing the number in the room at the same time.
- We have reconfigured our spaces and furniture to allow for 6 feet physical distance.
- There will be signage throughout the buildings to reinforce, instruct, educate, and inform regarding rules and recommendations.
- The Grunwald Gallery will have limited visitors and a pathway for viewing the work, adhering to the six foot physical distancing guidelines.
- There will be access to the MADLABS through an online scheduling tool.
- Face masks must be used inside all our buildings, classrooms, and studios, and outside where physical distancing is difficult to achieve – this includes everyone – student, staff, faculty, and visitors.
- Frequent hand washing will be promoted with reminders throughout the buildings.
- Anyone who is not feeling well will be asked to stay home, and anyone showing signs of health issues will be asked to go home.
- Students will be encouraged to use personal tools and supplies when possible, and to disinfect them with the provided cleaning supplies.
- All shared equipment should be regularly disinfected.
- All Eskenazi School sponsored/organized events for the fall semester will be virtual.
IU and the Eskenazi School are completely committed to complying with university, local, state, and national safety recommendations and we are implementing these measures for the unique needs of our school and disciplines.