First and foremost, thank you for your patience, dedication, and support during this time of great change and challenge. We have worked hard at the university and school levels to prepare health/safety plans for our campus and classes. IU’s facilities operations teams are thoroughly disinfecting classrooms, studios, and public spaces.
The following policies and guidelines have been put in place for Kirkwood Hall, Fine Arts, the Art+X, and the Republic:
- All spaces are deep cleaned at night, and spot cleaned throughout the day with special attention to door handles, restrooms, and commonly touched surfaces.
- There are hand sanitizer stations and cleaning supplies available for use in public spaces, classrooms, and studios.
- We have reduced the density of in-person classes experiences by spacing them out and/or reducing the number of people in the room at the same time.
- We have reconfigured our spaces and furniture to allow for 6 feet physical distance.
- There is signage throughout our buildings to reinforce, instruct, educate, and inform regarding rules and recommendations.
- The Grunwald Gallery has limited visitors and a pathway for viewing the work, adhering to the six foot physical distancing guidelines.
- There is access to our Fabrication Labs through an online scheduling tool.
- Face masks must be used inside all our buildings, classrooms, and studios, and outside where physical distancing is difficult to achieve. This includes everyone – student, staff, faculty, and visitors.
- Frequent hand washing is promoted, with reminders throughout our buildings.
- Anyone who is not feeling well is asked to stay home, and anyone showing signs of health issues will be asked to go home.
- Students are encouraged to use personal tools and supplies when possible, and to disinfect them with the provided cleaning supplies.
- All shared equipment are regularly disinfected.
- All Eskenazi School sponsored/organized events for the fall semester are virtual.
IU and the Eskenazi School are completely committed to complying with university, local, state, and national safety recommendations and we are implementing these measures for the unique needs of our school and disciplines.