Part of the landmark renaming gift of $20 million from Sidney and Lois Eskenazi includes a scholarship for incoming first-year students. The scholarship is named after Lois Eskenazi, who is an avid painter and lover of the arts.
Lois Eskenazi Scholarship
Deadline for application:
February 1, 2021, at 11:59 PM EST
Four (4) recipients will be chosen for this award
$12,000 divided among four years ($3,000/year)
This award is renewable up to four years. Recipient must maintain a 3.0 GPA and must maintain status as an Eskenazi School student making sufficient progress toward one of our degrees.
Incoming, first-year students who have an Eskenazi School major listed as their intended major on their IU Application (Apparel Merchandising, Comprehensive Design, Fashion Design, Interior Design, or Studio Art).
In-state, Out-of-state, must be a U.S. citizen
Complete the form below and submit a portfolio, including a statement answering the questions outlined. The portfolio and statement should be converted to PDF and combined into 1 file.
Portfolio must include:
- 10 images of recent work from high school or personal work (clear, in focus, evenly-lit)
- Of the 10, at least 2 images should be in a painting medium (ink, gouache, acrylic, oil, watercolor, etc.)
- Include a short description of each piece with the size and material(s)
Statement must address answers to these questions:
- Why are you interested in studying at the Eskenazi School of Art, Architecture + Design?
- What are you passionate about and how do you incorporate your creative skills into that passion?
- How would this funding support your creative journey?
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.